Mist elimination or “demisting” can be defined as the mechanical separation or removal of liquid droplets or mists from vapor streams. Failure to effectively capture these mists often leads to higher contaminant emissions, production losses, corrosion of downstream equipment, and increased maintenance.
B-GON® Mist Eliminator Pads were introduced utilizing a unique structured media developed by Kimre to address the deficiencies inherent in the existing technologies. Kimre’s mist eliminator mesh pads structure is a three-dimensional ladder-like media constructed of interlocking thermoplastic monofilament wires. Our mesh pad mist eliminator structure is designed to orient the wires such that nearly all of the fibers are arranged perpendicular to the gas flow for maximum contact with the entrained mist droplets in the gas stream. This ladder-like alignment causes a change in the vapor flow through the structure which provides maximum mist droplet removal by impaction, interception and centrifugal actions. B-GON® Mesh Pads provide the highest performance of any mesh-type vane mist eliminator with efficiencies as high as 99+ percent removal of 1 micron mists. Also, due to the high percentage of perpendicular fibers of the B-GON® Mist Eliminator Pads, the pressure loss through the media is dramatically lower for the same level of efficiency as a traditional knitted mesh pad mist eliminator.
Kimre’s structure allows us to produce our B-GON® Mist Eliminators in the widest range of fiber diameters in the industry, from the finest (0.05 mm / 0.002”) to the coarsest (0.94 mm / 0.037”). The structure also is produced in a variety of void fractions which provide a wide range of flow and pressure drop characteristics to meet your site-specific requirements. The unique qualities of the B-GON mist eliminator mesh pads structure allows Kimre’s engineers to provide custom-designed solutions for the highest level of performance at any particle or mist size across a wide range of operating conditions.
|Close-up image of Kimre’s B-GON® Media||Close-up image of typical Knitted Mesh Media|
Features and benefits of B-GON® Mist Eliminators
- Highest collection efficiency of ANY mesh-type media: 99+% @ 1 µm
- Composite pads of various mesh styles allow for optimization of efficiency, pressure drop, and pluggage resistance
- Able to handle the widest range of gas velocities and contaminant levels
- High void spaces (94-97%) and the largest fiber diameters contribute to the highest resistance to fouling
- Lower pressure drops than traditional knitted mesh
- Custom fabrication to conform to any vessel configuration and orientation
- The media is cleanable & reusable for extended service life in the harshest environments
- Wide range of materials of construction available, including polypropylene, PVDF, ETFE and PFA, to meet any level of temperature and corrosion requirements.