The AEROSEP® system is specifically designed for the collection of hygroscopic, submicron particles (or “aerosols”) as small as 0.2 µm in diameter. The AEROSEP® Technology utilizes particle growth via nucleated condensation and a stage-wise collection approach to meet the most stringent removal efficiency requirements.Typically, a system is comprised of four stages. Stage 1 is a pre-conditioning stage designed for gas saturation and removal of particles that are 3 µm and larger in diameter. Stage 2 is a particle growth stage where the nucleated condensation of aerosols takes place, enlarging the aerosols to particles of 1µm in size. Stage 3 coalesces or agglomerates the enlarged particles in a coalescing B-GON® Mist Eliminator to approximately 10-12 µm in diameter which are then removed in Stage 4, an entrainment separator B-GON® Mist Eliminator.
The AEROSEP® is a proven technology for emission control in various applications such as flue gas clean-up in municipal solid waste burning, coal-fired power generation, nitrogenous fertilizer and semiconductor industries, but many other processes can benefit from this technology.
- High submicron removal efficiency, guaranteed to meet increasingly stringent emission standards
- Flexible vessel size and shape
- Modular vessel fabrication provides quick delivery and installation
- Flexible component adaptability: KON-TANE® and B-GON® designs can be exchanged for optimized or reduced performance
- Simplified maintenance with:
- Easy installation and removal of KON-TANE® and B-GON® utilizing PANTS HANGER™ cassette or BATTEN BAR™ module assemblies
- Removable spray lances
- On-line cleaning service of KON-TANE® and B-GON®
- In one common vessel, each stage can function individually, as a subsystem, to:
- Treat different pollutants without cross-contamination
- Independently control liquid-to-gas (L/G) ratio
- Recover different solution concentrations
- Apply cooling or heating, addition or removal of liquids
- Low operating costs: longer up-time, energy savings and minimized maintenance costs
Comparison of an AEROSEP® to a wet electrostatic precipitator and an ionizing scrubber: initial capital expenditure for the AEROSEP® is significantly lower than the competition.