DRIFTOR® Drift Eliminators for cooling towers
Drift is water lost from cooling towers as liquid droplets are entrained in the exhaust air. The drift loss is independent of the water lost by evaporation and may be expressed in units of lb/hr or percentage of circulating water flow. Drift eliminators are used to control this drift loss from the tower.
DRIFTOR® Drift Eliminator can solve some of the most common problems associated with drift loss:
- Corrosion problems on surrounding piping, equipment, and electrical components
- Short circuiting resulting in failure of electrical systems
- Icing of public roads, parking lots, and fields downwind of the tower
- Emission of chemicals to the atmosphere
Description of DRIFTOR®
DRIFTOR® Drift Eliminator is an adaptation of the proven B-GON® Mist Eliminator, engineered to collect droplets and to drain collected liquid away from the gas stream using our coarsest diameter monofilaments. It is made of polypropylene material filled with carbon black for protection against ultraviolet deterioration by sunlight and enhanced service life.
While most cooling towers are equipped with the standard chevron, or high velocity design, drift eliminators, many towers have carryover problems which may be caused by:
- Pluggage and fouling in the fill or drift eliminator
- Irregular air flow patterns
- Damaged or chipped drift eliminator
- Poor drift eliminator collection performance
DRIFTOR® Drift Eliminator can be installed right over the existing drift eliminators to collect the drift carryover regardless of the cause. And, in many cases, it is installed while the cooling tower is in continuous operation, preventing long, expensive outages often associated with correcting carryover.
DRIFTOR® Eliminator can be used to reduce carryover from cross-flow and counter-flow cooling towers, evaporative condensers, coolers, quench towers, or any other tower where drift is a problem.
Features and Benefits of DRIFTOR®
- Completely flexible
- Incredibly light-weight
- Fabricated in widths up to 72 inches (1.8 m) and unlimited lengths
- Media rolls up compactly for shipment and storage
- Low cost of materials + low cost of shipping + low cost of installation = Most Inexpensive drift eliminator available